Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Busy Busy Week!!!

We are busy busy this week at the Dorcas House and it's only Tuesday!! There have been a lot of excited kiddos running around the last few days! This week we have 2 extremely fun activities going on! First of all, in the mornings the children ages 5-12 are attending Vacation Bible School at Little Rock's First Baptist Church. This year, the theme is Boomerang Express and the kids have been having a great time experiencing the "Land Down Under" in a unique way! Secondly, our kids and mothers are attending Willow Springs Water Park's Bible Camp in the afternoon and evening times! So, between hearing the VBS songs in the hallways and seeing some tan faces, I know that the children are having a great week so far!!!

I have spent the last 5 summers and the 13 months prior to working at Dorcas House working at a Christian Sports and Lakefront Adventure Camp outside of Austin, Texas called TBarM Camps. One thing that I loved about camp was the fast paced and relational environment! For these 2 reasons, I have really been enjoying my summer so far at the Dorcas House!! I love the constant commotion (most of the times=) here! I love the relationships that I am able to develop with the women and children! I love seeing the children riding their bikes and playing in our little kiddie pool! I know that I am still the "newbie" and have miles of things to learn, but I am very excited about the road ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment